This is an analysis of the poem Caul that begins with:
the childrens replay
setting the house on fire...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdXbae XX eXdfff gdcgdX ca eaXce
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,2,6,6,2,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001 1001110 011011 1101 1111 010110 10111 101110 101 101110 10110 001110010 1000100011 10010101 11011010 10101010 1110010 111011 1110110 10010010100 01001111 1110111 101 111001 11101 0010101 1110100 10111 011011010 011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Caul;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.