This is an analysis of the poem The Peacemaker that begins with:
To the world-wanderer Samarkand is near,
The broad Pacific but a narrow strait. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbXcdXcdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 00110010101 0101010101 0111010101 0100110101 01101110101 1001011101 1111111101 1101010101 10010011101 1001010101 110100001010 0101110101 1011011011 11010101011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 594
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Peacemaker;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.