This is an analysis of the poem The River Kern that begins with:
While I walk the pavement sooty
In the town, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abababbcXXdeedb fgfgfeecccfhhfg cececiiccfggfe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,15,14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 001 10101010 111 10111010 101 1111 10101010 1000 1000 10101110 111 1101 10001010 10111 11110010 101 11101110 111 11101110 101 1101 10101110 1010 1010 10101010 111 0101 10101010 10101 11101010 001 11111010 111 10101010 111 0101 10101110 1110 10101010 111 1110 00100010 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 357
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The River Kern;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.