This is an analysis of the poem Lines. that begins with:
In the fair garden of celestial Peace
Walketh a Gardener in meekness clad;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdXd dede fgXg cede chdh ffcf biei ddgdXaehe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0011000101 1001000101 11010110101 10010011111 1101010001 1001010001 11111100000 0101010111 10011100101 00110100001 1101111101 11010011101 1111010101 11000110001 1011010101 1001000101 11011000101 100001010111 01000101001 1101110101 1111010111 10110011010 1101010001 11011100110 11111101001 1101010101 10111000001 01011101001 1111011101 10001110101 1101110101 0101010101 1101010101 1100010111 1011000101 1101000111 1011001101 1111010101 11010011010 1100010101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 176
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, of, her are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.