This is an analysis of the poem The Crocus that begins with:
Beneath the sunny autumn sky,
With gold leaves dropping round,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcded badafbXX egdXXgdg XfdfXgcg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 011101 11110111 010101 11010101 10000111 11001101 111001 01011101 110101 11010101 010101 11111111 1101011 11010101 110011 11011111 1101010 11010101 010101 11011111 1101110 11011101 0101010 01110001 0110101 11111111 110101 11010101 1101010 11110101 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, for are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, not are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Crocus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.