This is an analysis of the poem Før Hun Var Voxen that begins with:
Naar før til Valsen
jeg hende bød,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX abXb XXcX XdXd XXXe XXXX aXaX cXcX XeXe XXXX XXXX XXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110 111 11110 11 1111 1111 1111 1101 11110 111111 11110 1101 11110 0101 11000 0101 111 111 1111 1111 1110 11110 111 1100 011 11 1111 1001 11110 1110 11010 1111 10010 0100 11110 1111 11110 1111 10110 1101 1110 111 00100 1001 11110 1101 10010 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 69
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 16 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; hun, du are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word da is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Før Hun Var Voxen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.