This is an analysis of the poem Vee Dig, Edoms Trygge Egn that begins with:
Vee dig, Edoms trygge Egn,
For den store Dom og Plage,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XaXaXX XaaaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011 111111 11111 101111 11111 10101 111111 111111 111111 111001 011111 1111110 100011 1100111 110111 0101111 1111111 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vee Dig, Edoms Trygge Egn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Adolph Brorson
- Analysis of Vil Du Have Paaske-Glæde
- Analysis of Vor Klippe Vi Slippe Umuelig
- Analysis of Vor Trængsel, Hvor Besværlig