This is an analysis of the poem Vor Klippe Vi Slippe Umuelig that begins with:
Vor Klippe vi slippe umuelig,
Førend os Hielpen er sendt;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXa XbXbXXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100 111001 1111100 1001010 1011110 1111010 111110 1111 111101 111001 101111 111011 01011011 01111111 1101111 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 221
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; vi is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word du is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word c at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vor Klippe Vi Slippe Umuelig;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Adolph Brorson
- Analysis of Vor Trængsel, Hvor Besværlig
- Analysis of Ævig Tak, O Milde, Yndigste Immanuel
- Analysis of Samtale Imellem Brudgommen Og Bruden