This is an analysis of the poem Les Oies Sauvages that begins with:
Tout est muet, l'oiseau ne jette plus ses cris.
La morne plaine est blanche au loin sous le ciel gris....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXXX XXXX XXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,3,16,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101110111111 111011111011 111101111011 10011111011 111001110 11011111011 101011100110 10101111110 10100101110 01110011011 111011111 1110010111 01011011110 11101011001 110011011 11110111100 1111010111 100101100100 11111011011 1011010100 1100010110111 11011110010 110100110010 11011111110 110011111000 1111110100 01101011101000 11010110110 11010111100 11110111010 110101111 1101011100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 300
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les, des are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words ils, les, la are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines s is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Les Oies Sauvages;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.