This is an analysis of the poem L'Aïeul that begins with:
L'aïeul mourait froid et rigide.
Il avait quatre-vingt-dix ans....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110 1101111 11001110 1011111 11001111 1111011 1011111 111011111 011110101111 11100101 1100111 11101110 011110101111 11101111 1111011110 1111110 1111110 011110101111 1111010 01111 111011 011110101111 10110111 1111011110 1110101 101011110 011110101111 11001101 11110111 111111 011110101111 11101111 1111011110 111111 111111110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 299
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; est, un, ce, que, ve are repeated.
The author used the same word est at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ve is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word souviens at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of L'Aïeul;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.