This is an analysis of the poem Beholding Your Loveliness Maddened Me With Longing that begins with:
Beholding your loveliness maddened me with longing.
How cruel you left me languishing with this desire !...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab cd ce fd Xd ea gg Xf bfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010110001001010 11011110000010 01101100110101 111011111101 1011101111 11101011010101 10101101110111 011111111100 11111100110101 0111111001111 111111100101 1010111101010 01011001011001 01100110101011 11101100101010 101010011001001 1010101010100 1111111 0101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1108
- Average number of words per stanza: 183
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, me, with are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Beholding Your Loveliness Maddened Me With Longing;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.