This is an analysis of the poem As In The Midst Of Battle There Is Room that begins with:
As in the midst of battle there is room
For thoughts of love, and in foul sin for mirth; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cbcbdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001010101 1101101111 1101000101 11011100101 1001000101 1111010101 1001010011 1101010111 11000101001 1001010101 1101011001 1101010101 1011011101 0101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 349
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of As In The Midst Of Battle There Is Room;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.