This is an analysis of the poem Modern Love Xlvi: At Last We Parley that begins with:
At last we parley: we so strangely dumb
In such a close communion! It befell... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacddceaaXeffe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111011101 0101010001 0101000101 1101110101 0100111111 1101010111 0111111101 11000010101 1011010111 0101110011 1101001101 11010111100 1101110101 1101001111 0101010001 10010011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 667
- Average number of words per stanza: 127
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Modern Love Xlvi: At Last We Parley;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by George Meredith
- Analysis of Modern Love Xxxv: It Is No Vulgar Nature
- Analysis of The Hueless Love
- Analysis of Periander