This is an analysis of the poem Aaron that begins with:
Holiness on the head,
Light and perfection on the breast,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababb ababb ababb ababbXababb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101 11010101 01001011001 01010111 111101 1000011 01110011 0101010111 10011011 111111 100101 11010111 0101010111 01111111 011111 101101 10110111 11010101101 10011111 100111 110011 01110111 1101111011 11011111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word my is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word dressed at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Aaron;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.