This is an analysis of the poem Redemption that begins with:
Having been tenant long to a rich lord,
Not thriving, I resolved to be bold, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbcdeedXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001010011 110101001 1101101001 01110111001 0101010111 1111111101 0111111101 111101010 1101110011 1101000101 01010010111 1111010111 01110011110 1111010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 616
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Redemption;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.