This is an analysis of the poem The Joy Of Childhood that begins with:
Down the dimpled green-sward dancing
Bursts a flaxen-headed bevy, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cccc dede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101110 10101010 11111010 101001010 10101010 11101110 100101010 11101010 10101010 10110010 11111100 11111110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Joy Of Childhood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.