This is an analysis of the poem The Moon And Sea that begins with:
Whilst the moon decks herself in Neptune's glass
And ponders over her image in the sea, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXcXccdcddd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10110101001 11010010001 0101100101 1111111100 0011010101 1101110111 01010101010 10010010001 1001010111 1101000101 1011010101 1101010101 01011010001 1001110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 608
- Average number of words per stanza: 115
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, with are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Moon And Sea;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.