This is an analysis of the poem To Lucifer that begins with:
Lend your flame to the spirit, glowing gloom;
Sighing the head rises into midnight,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X a X a X b b a X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1110010101 1001100011 1010011101 0101101010 1101110011 010111011 0010100110101 1000111 11010000101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 40
- Average number of words per stanza: 8
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Lucifer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.