This is an analysis of the poem At The Cementary that begins with:
Rotten stone towers sultrily warmed.
Yellow haze of incense hovers....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a b a X X b X c X X cXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101001 10100110 1110001 10101001 100111 10111 101001001 1101101001 101010001 1010110 1100101 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 31
- Average number of words per stanza: 5
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At The Cementary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.