This is an analysis of the poem Landscape that begins with:
September evening. The somber calls of the herdsmen float...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXXXXXaa X X XXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,1,1,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11 01010010100101 0101010101010010 010111010010001010 01011001011 10100101110011 101010010 110010011100 01101011110011001 01011010 10 100001011101110 1111101011 100111101110001011 101110101001 1101111011110 111010110 101101111011 01011011100111101001 100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, der, des are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Landscape;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.