This is an analysis of the poem Untitled that begins with:
A carpet, into which the suffering landscape pales
Perhaps the Sea of Galilee, a boat in the gale...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a X a b c a a d e d e a a c a X X aXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100010100111 0101010101001 10111011 010011001010 0110100110 10101110 00110100110 10111101 1010001011 111001001 101011011 10010011001 1001101010 0100010111110 01110110110 0010011010100 01001000010 11011111 011010010
- Amount of stanzas: 19
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 40
- Average number of words per stanza: 7
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Untitled;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Georg Trakl
- Analysis of Untitled :Rosy Mirror
- Analysis of Untitled: The Song Of The Spring Rain
- Analysis of Western Dusk