This is an analysis of the poem In Red Foliage Full Of Guitars that begins with:
In Red Foliage Full of Guitars
In red foliage full of guitars...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a aaba cdXa XcXb abXa X X XXXd XXXX XdXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,1,1,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101001 01101001 011011 101111001 0101001101 0111010 1111001 010111010 1100101 0010101 0110101 01011101 01010101 0010110101 00111001 01011 00101110 01011010 110101100 110101100 111110 111100010 110111010 010101100 110111100 110111010 01011010 1110111 11001010 11111100 11011100 1110101 0111100 110011100 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, the, im, die are repeated.
The author used the same words in, im at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines guitars, guitarren are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Red Foliage Full Of Guitars;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.