This is an analysis of the poem Autumn that begins with:
In the evening, when the bells ring peace,
I follow the wonderful flights of birds,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a b b a X b b b X b X X X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 001010111 1100100101 1011101010010 10100011010 10010101101 1110110100 110101000101 11101101001 1010011110 01010100010 0111110100 11101100110 0111010110 1001101001
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 43
- Average number of words per stanza: 7
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.