This is an analysis of the poem To Rulers And Judges that begins with:
He's risen - Highest God - to do the judgment, fair,
Of the earthly ones in their whole band;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cccd cdec XfXf cfcf bgXgXedcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110101010101 001010111 1111110111 00111010011 110100010111 0111000101 010101100110 01111011 0101000111110 0101000101 01010100010 010101101 11101111111 111100010111 0101010101 110110011 1111111101010 11111111101 11111001010 1110110011 11111111110 01111100101 11010111010 11110101 0111111001110 10011010111 11010101010 100101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, from, they, and, you, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To Rulers And Judges;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.