This is an analysis of the poem Monument that begins with:
I built myself a monument, eternal and miraculous,
It's higher than the Pyramids, than metal it is harder;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXb bXac XddX XXXeXedcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111010001010100 010101001100010 1111010101 0101100100 1111010101110 0101100101 110111010 1111110001 1101110011001 110110110101 1100010101 100100111101 1101010101 01010100100 010101000100 1001010101 1111011101 0111110111 1011010101 01010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 178
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Monument;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Gavrila Romanovich Derzhavin
- Analysis of On The Death Of Prince Meshchersky
- Analysis of The Bullfinch
- Analysis of The Current Of Time's River