This is an analysis of the poem Death Sonnet I that begins with:
From the icy niche where men placed you
I lower your body to the sunny, poor earth....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabX XXXX bcc XaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 001011111 110110001011 1101111100 1110110 1110010100 101110101 101000110 1001111110 110101111 1001101110 1010100100 111011001 1101000011 010011011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Death Sonnet I;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Gabriela Mistral
- Analysis of Those Who Do Not Dance
- Analysis of The Stranger (La Extranjera)
- Analysis of Decalogue Of The Artist