This is an analysis of the poem Decalogue Of The Artist that begins with:
I. You shall love beauty, which is the shadow of God
over the Universe. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab Xb cd Xe fdf Xa ee gh XeehXdcag
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101001101 100101 1001101111110 0101111001010010 10101101001010 101100001 1111011010111100 11001101000010 1111110110011 1101111100100 101001110011 1101101101 11100100101 110101101 101011100101 10111111010 11011001011 1101101100111 0110111101010 10110001110110 10100110 111001011110 1001011111111 0100011100101 1010
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 115
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to, or, beauty, be are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Decalogue Of The Artist;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.