This is an analysis of the poem Mustapha that begins with:
Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccXdXdeefbfbbbghghhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110001000100 1101100101 100111100100 0101010001 1101011011 1011010101 00011100010 0110010101 10011011100 0111010111 1111111111 0100111101 1001000101 1001110011 0111110101 110110001 0100110101 1111110100 11111111010 0101010111 01010011010 0101010101 1110100111 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1036
- Average number of words per stanza: 178
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mustapha;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.