This is an analysis of the poem Caelica: Sonnet 22 that begins with:
I, with whose colours Myra dress'd her head,
I, that ware posies of her own hand-making,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc adaddd eaeaaX fgfghh ceceii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010101 11110001110 1111100101 11010111110 1111011101 0111110101 1111110111 01010111010 1101011111 1101111111 11111101010 11010101110 1101010101 1111110001 1011010101 1101011111 111110111110 10011110100 1111010101 110010000010 110110001 10110101010 11110111010 11010011110 1010111101 1001000101 1111010101 1101111001 1111011111 1111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 286
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines them is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Caelica: Sonnet 22;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.