This is an analysis of the poem Ode An Die Freude that begins with:
O Freunde, nicht diese Tone!
Sondern lasst uns angenehmere anstimmen ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXX XXXXbXbX XaXaXXXc XXXXXcXd XaaX XdXXXdXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,8,8,8,4,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111 10111000100 11000 1101000 1010100 1100100 101100 1101010 111110 1101010 1110101 11111100 1010111 11101100 110101 111111 1111100 11110110 1011101 110110 1110110 110110 1010100 111111110 1011011 10111100 1110111 11101010 1110101 101011 10111110 1100100 1011101 1010100 11101010 1110100 1001101 1110100 10101010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 191
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode An Die Freude;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Friedrich Schiller
- Analysis of The Power Of Woman
- Analysis of The Complaint Of Ceres
- Analysis of Beauteous Individuality