This is an analysis of the poem Greekism that begins with:
Scarce has the fever so chilly of Gallomania departed,
When a more burning attack in Grecomania breaks out....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101011001000010 10110010100011 101001110010110 1001001110101 11110011110111111 01010011001011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 381
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 63 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Greekism;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.