This is an analysis of the poem The Creature's Stare that begins with:
You stroke the fur of the big fine dog.
Looking way down into its eyes, you speak,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100111 1011000111 10111001010 1010001011 11011011 101011101 10101011001 1101111010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Creature's Stare;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.