This is an analysis of the poem Dance Of Death that begins with:
Death has taken me out for a swing.
At first I didn't drop from the quickstep...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX aXXa bXX XXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111011101 1111010010 00111101 01110111 1101110010 010101010 0101010101 011011110 1110111111 00011110101 1110111101 110011011 10010100110 1111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dance Of Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.