This is an analysis of the poem Vain Words that begins with:
Humble, surely, mine ambition;
It is merely to construct ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaX XbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 0010010 10101010 111110000 10111010 101011101 0011111000 1000000110000
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 143
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vain Words;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Franklin Pierce Adams
- Analysis of Rich Man
- Analysis of On Profiteering
- Analysis of To W. Hohenzollern, On Resuming The Conning Tower