This is an analysis of the poem To W. Hohenzollern, On Resuming The Conning Tower that begins with:
Well William, since I wrote you long ago--
As I recall, one cool October morning-- ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eeee fXfX Xbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101111101 11011101010 1101011101 11110 1111110101 01110101010 11010010111 01010 111110101 11111101011 1101110001 11111 1111011101 111101010010 11101110101 100100 1001010110 100101110100 1101011011 100100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To W. Hohenzollern, On Resuming The Conning Tower;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.