This is an analysis of the poem Maud Muller Mutatur that begins with:
In 1909 toilet goods were not considered a serious matter and no special department of the catalogs were devoted to it. A few perfumes and creams...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a a b cc dX XX XX XX dX XX bX ee fX XX Xf XX XX cc cc XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011010101001001011100100010000100001011101011101101 0110100011110101001010101011001010100010111110 010010110001101001110001010 11010101 10010101 010101101 1111101100 10111011 001011001110 1010110101 1111011110000 010011110 11010000101 110110111 1110110100110 10101000110 11101101010 10101011110 10101110110110 1100100101 101111101 110111101 101101101000 10010110101 0010111010 110111101 1111001010 10101100101 1011111010 101110011100 1111001110 1110100101 1110010101 10100111111 011011001101 101110111 0101101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 20
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 104
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in, toilet, goods, of, said, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, and are repeated.
The author used the same words in, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Maud Muller Mutatur;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.