This is an analysis of the poem Song Of Synthetic Virility that begins with:
Oh, some may sing of the surging sea, or chant
of the raging main; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcdedfXXghfff hcbcehXhdaiachfh ejXjiajXegegcihi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,16,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110010111 00101 1100101011010 101 011001001111 010101 111010010110 10101 111100101110 0100 1100110101111 1001 111100101111 0101 1111001011111 0101 111110101111 0101 111010010111 101001 011101011110 10111 111010101111 111 111101001001 1101 01001101001011 111 110100101101 11011 1101101011111 0101 11110010110 100101 1101001011010 101 111100111001 00101 110100101010 101 111110100110 100101 110110100110 100101 11111011110 1111 1111101101111 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 575
- Average number of words per stanza: 114
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, some, may, for, to, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word oh at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Song Of Synthetic Virility;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.