This is an analysis of the poem Those Two Boys that begins with:
WHEN Bill was a lad he was terribly bad.
He worried his parents a lot; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb XdXd aebe cbXb ffgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11101111001 11001001 11111111011 01111101 1110111101111 010010001 101001101111 111001001 11101111101 111100101 111011101001 001011001 101001101001 101101001 1010111011111 111101001 11101111011 11001 11011001101 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 901
- Average number of words per stanza: 165
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; , he, and, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Those Two Boys;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.