This is an analysis of the poem Advising Chloë that begins with:
Horace: Book I, Ode 23
"Vitas hinnuleo me similis, Chloë--"...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X XaXa Xbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 100100110011 11111110110 01001001 111010110110 11011101 110011110011 01101001 110010111010 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 98
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Advising Chloë;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.