This is an analysis of the poem A Psalm Of Labouring Life that begins with:
Tell me not, in doctored numbers,
Life is but a name for work! ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bcbc XdXd efef cgcg hihi ijij kbkbXeheh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 1010111 10111100 1111111 10101010 1010111 11101010 1110101 10101110 0110111 10111011 11100101 101110110 1000111 11101010 10011001 00101010 0010111 01101010 1110001 11111010 1000101 11001001 1110101 10101011 1111101 10101011 1110101 10101010 1010101 10111010 1011101 11101110 0010100 10101010 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Psalm Of Labouring Life;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.