This is an analysis of the poem Baseball's Sad Lexicon that begins with:
These are the saddest of possible words:
Tinker to Evers to Chance. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBaBcccB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ottava rima
- Metre: 1101001001 1001001 110111011 1001001 10010110010 10010100010 11110010110 1001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 293
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Baseball's Sad Lexicon;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.