This is an analysis of the poem Lament that begins with:
The young men of the world
Are condemned to death. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbXc Adcefff Accdg AaebehhecchbXXhc AbefXgf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,7,5,16,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011001 10101 1101101 1010110 011001 01001001 1010110 101000010 010101 1101101010 000101110 011001 1001101 111011 1111 110110110 011001 1100101 010100 111001001 010100 11110010010 100110 1111010 11101010 010001 10100110 111001 1110110 010001 1010110 1100010 011001 101001 101010 0010011101 11110 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lament;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.