This is an analysis of the poem Houses that begins with:
EVENING and quiet:
a bird trills in the poplar trees ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXb caXd bdcXXb bba X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,3,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110 01100101 010100111 0101 0001 011011010001010 111 01001010101 11 011101 0111 11110111 00101 111101 1011001 0101 110100101 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Houses;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.