This is an analysis of the poem Fragment that begins with:
. . . THAT night I loved you
in the candlelight. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcXccdXaeecXcfXfcXXdXbfc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111 00101 1101 1001100010 10100 10100010 011101 1001000011 01100010 011 01111101 1111 011001110 0100100010100 01101 011110 101111110 0101010 11101 10010010 101101101 1011011111101 111010 11111 110101 0001010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 832
- Average number of words per stanza: 149
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fragment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.