This is an analysis of the poem The Indifferent that begins with:
Never more will I protest,
To love a woman but in jest:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaa aaccdd eeffgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 01010101 1111001 1011101 1010101 1010101 1101101 0010111 1110101 1001101 1110011 1000101 11111110 01101010 1010111 1011111 1111111 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 179
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Indifferent;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.