This is an analysis of the poem Burial Of Sarah that begins with:
He stood before the sons of Heth,
And bowed his sorrowing head; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb bdeX acbc fbbX bfbf efbX XefX XbcX dbbbXebeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 1101001 101001110101 111111 101010011 111101 11011111 1101010 11000101 110101 111010111 110101 11000111 111101 01011111 1111110 010111101 1110111 11010101 111001 100111101 101111 11111011 01000100 01010101 1001101 01110111 1101010 1001101010 011111 101111101 1111110 10010001 011111 11010101 110101 110101001 010111 01110101 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, and, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, i, he are repeated.
The author used the same words the, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Burial Of Sarah;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.