This is an analysis of the poem Fishers Of Men that begins with:
I had a dream, a varied dream:
Before my ravished sight... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba cdbd eXdf ageg Xeae dhch daba dhbh Xfaf debe daXa bdgd aeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 0111001 01001101 010111 010001001 110101 11010111 010011 11110011 1111010 11011111 011101 11110101 100100 01010101 010101 11110111 011101 11010101 010101 110111001 110101 01000101 110111 11011101 100101 11001101 111100 11011101 000101 11010111 010011 01011111 010101 11010101 100111 11011101 010011 11110101 011101 11011111 010111 10111101 110101 11110101 011101 10111101 011101 01110101 111111 10110101 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, to are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fishers Of Men;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.