This is an analysis of the poem O Epitáfio Que Não Foi Gravado that begins with:
Todos sentiram quando a morte entrou
com um frêmito apressado de retardatária....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX XXa XXXXX XXXaXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,3,5,9,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100100110 1110100001000 01100100101000 10110 100001000111000110 1101001011100 100001100 1001010100 101100 11100 0110010101101000 1100 111010010100 1101100110 11001000110 1100011 011001001110101011100 1110100010010011100 01011100010 011001010110101 1110100 1010001011010101101011001010 1110 1110 11110 111110110100 111010111100001000 1110001100110100001100 11110100011100000 0100110 1010101000100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 232
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, o, que are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words o, a are repeated.
The author used the same word a at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Epitáfio Que Não Foi Gravado;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.