This is an analysis of the poem The Emigrant that begins with:
FAREWELL, ah, happy shades! ah, scenes belov'd,
Of infant sports and bright unclouded hours!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXX bcbc dede fbfb gaga hihi ajaj hghg eaea bkbk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11110111010 01011110010 11010101110 1101110101 1011110101 0101000101 11010010011 1001010101 0101011101 0101000101 0101010101 1111011101 110100101001 0101011101 0101010101 1101011001 0011010101 1111011101 1111011001 1111100101 1111010001 0111010101 0101010011 0101010011 1111010101 1101010101 11010001101 1111010101 1101010101 010101001001 1110110101 1111010101 1101111101 11110110101 11110101101 0101010101 1111110101 11110101001 1101111001 1011010111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Emigrant;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.