This is an analysis of the poem Serenata that begins with:
The night soaks itself
along the shore of the river...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabc C dXXd C abddXC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,1,4,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 01101 01010010 101001 010101 010101 10011 0101001 0101010 0110110 010101 01010110 110011 1001110 100111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 65
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Serenata;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.